|Amy Farrah Fowler|
Sheldon Cooper (boyfriend)
|No. episodes|| |
Amy Farrah Fowler, Ph.D., is a neurobiologist whom Raj and Howard discovered as a possible match for Sheldon through an Internet dating site (without Sheldon's knowledge). Amy is from Glendale, as revealed by Sheldon in The Weekend Vortex. By Sheldon's own admission, she is most like him by any standard. Like him, she has previously avoided relationships (whether romantic or otherwise is entirely unclear), and only participated in online dating herself to fulfill an agreement with her mother that she dates someone at least once a year (in exchange, she gains use of her mother's George Foreman grill and will not be bothered about dating). Interestingly, Amy's work is in neuroscience, just like Leonard's mother, the only other female not related to Sheldon, other than Penny, with whom he appears to communicate with regularly. During the four months of their relationship (taking place off-screen between seasons 3 and 4), they communicated on a daily basis via text messages, email and Twitter, but never saw each other in person. Despite this, Sheldon did not consider Amy his girlfriend. Sheldon and Amy have discussed having a child as a "gift to humanity," which led them to their first real date which Penny drove them to and from. In The Zazzy Substitution, they "broke up" due to a disagreement about the validity of their respective fields. Mary Cooper cleverly tricked Sheldon into requesting to resume the relationship by voicing her support of their decision to break-up, thereby having Sheldon naturally desire to do the opposite.
Though Amy and Sheldon are very similar, they have some notable differences. She does not, for example, share his love of Star Trek, considering it "cheap science fiction." Also, she does not believe in wearing costumes for unspecified reasons. Amy is more willing to socialize with others than Sheldon. While Sheldon generally refuses to accept the need for intimacy, Amy appears to desire the kind of friendships she was denied as a child. She is capable of acknowledging that she is part of a group, as shown in when she uses the phrase "my colleagues and I." She also finds people of the opposite sex attractive, although she is initially unable to understand her physical desire towards Penny's ex-boyfriend until it is explained to her. Additionally, she has less of a problem with physical human contact than Sheldon, regardless of their sex, as seen in ' when she, without hesitation, attempted to engage in a "harmless experimentation with lesbianism" with Penny, in when she willingly offered Penny to share a room with her and in when she willingly hugged Penny to comfort her, when Penny got upset over Leonard finding a new girlfriend. In The Agreement Dissection , she, albeit under the influence of alcohol, kissed Penny on the mouth and later did the same to Sheldon, whose response was "Fascinating". The next morning, a hungover Amy calls Sheldon via webcam and the two agree to go back to the way their relationship was before the previous night. Amy also has not shown an interest on toy trains, like Sheldon does.
Starting in , Amy has been regularly communicating with Sheldon and Penny via video chat across an array of equipment; despite this she still maintains human contact with them.In Priya and dubs her a "man-stealing bitch", despite this she acknowledges that Priya is more suitable for Leonard than Penny. Upon meeting Priya, she found her to be an amazing human being and regrets her negative comments earlier. , Amy is first informed about
After drinking some alcohol in Priya in alliance with Penny and . As a group they have been trashing Priya ever since. As the show progresses, it is shown that Amy is now best friends with Penny and Bernadette, with the three girls hanging out increasingly frequent together, that at times, Amy seems to favor hanging with the girls more than Sheldon himself. , Amy started to diss
In her early appearances, Amy is ambivalent and often condescending towards Penny. After inviting herself to a slumber party with Penny and Bernadette, though, their relationship grew closer and less awkward with Amy no longer being condescending to Penny, and eventually grew to the point where she considers her to be her best friend (or "bestie" as she takes to referring her). Penny is the person mainly responsible for Amy's improving social skills, introducing her to drinking and other normal activities such as waltzing, shopping, hanging out with friends, and gossiping or trash-talking. As a result, Amy
Amy values her relationship with Penny very highly, and in , after Penny found out that Sheldon had manipulated Amy to influence her to get rid of her chair and got mad at Amy, she desperately attempted to take it all back by sitting in the chair - and was promptly bitten by a rodent living in it. Penny herself is quite fond of Amy, and has even managed to influence Amy to the point that at times, Amy would rather hang out with the girls than Sheldon himself. Amy admits that her whole female social life revolves around Penny and that even if she gets mad at her, it wouldn't last. On one occasion, when Penny accidentally offends Amy by hiding a gargantuan and rather unflattering painting of hers, Penny rushes over to Amy's apartment to rescue their friendship and rehangs the painting in her apartment. In The Speckerman Recurrence, Amy expressed her delight at being best friends with a bully, namely Penny, when the latter was revealed to have been a bully during her high school days. Penny decided to make amends by apologizing to the girl she once bullied, but was unsuccessful in ganing the apology. In the end, it was Amy
whom suggested a way for Penny to make amends by showing altruism in the form of donating her clothes to the needy. However, upon donating her clothes, the girls found out that there are many nice clothings donated by other people available and they ended up taking some for themselves. When Amy told Penny that should they get caught for stealing the clothes she does not mind them sharing the same cell, Penny came to her senses and they drop the idea of stealing the clothes completely.
On another occasion, in The Weekend Vortex , after Sheldon upsets Amy by choosing an intensive weekend of gaming over accompanying her to a wedding, Penny gives her advice on confronting Sheldon. When Amy proves to lack the necessary self-esteem with which to confront him, Penny stands up for Amy herself and attacks Sheldon for being a bad boyfriend.
Despite their closeness, Amy occasionally displays signs of a bisexual infatuation with Penny, often making inappropriate comments to this degree. For instance, when Penny, in an effort to persuade Sheldon to let her cut his hair, asks Amy for her opinion, and Amy's response is "There is not a hair on my body that I wouldn't let this woman cut," resulting in discomfort on Penny's part. On another occasion, after kissing Penny on the lips when discussing it with Sheldon, he overhears her singing "I kissed a girl, and I liked it."
Amy is also close to Bernadette, though not as close as she is with Penny (of the three, Amy considers Bernadette to be "the least cool"). Amy and Bernadette are both biologists and possess doctorates, making them able to converse intellectually. Amy had once called Bernadette a Wildebeest and is very excited to be a bridesmaid at Bernadette's upcoming wedding. Bernadette, though at times feels that Amy is creepy, values her enough and to make it up back to her for not asking her to join her bridesmaid dress shopping session with Penny, made her the maid of honor.In The Speckerman Recurrence, Amy and Bernadette shared the stories of how they were bullied during their school years, with Bernadette's involving a case of having her clothes taken away by Tammy Bockneck and replaced with an elf costume that turned out to be too big for her, and Amy's with having hairy knuckles due to applying hand lotion that had secretly been tampered with Rogaine by her bullies. It was not surprising when they found out that out of the three girls, Penny was the only one who left high school unscathed, since she was the one doing the bullying. Bernadette also acts as a kind of translator, translating Amy's words such as "assuage" and "altruism" to versions that are much simpler that Penny can understand. There are often times where her closeness with Penny overshadows Bernadette.
Amy and Leonard did not have good first impressions of each other, with Amy always seemed to look down on Leonard and Leonard called her judgmental, sanctimonious and just obnoxious. However, their relationship improves gradually and in , Amy asked Leonard to be her date to a wedding instead of Sheldon. They ended up having a good time at the wedding and Leonard commented that Amy reallyknows how to make a guy loosen up and have a good time. When Amy called Sheldon while drunk in , Leonard and Sheldon went to see her at the parking lot in front of the liquor store. Leonard ended up being the person helping Amy up and walked with her as they made their way to send her back to her apartment. AMy giggled when she said that he had found second base. In , Stuart asked Leonard to be the guy who checks in with Sheldon regarding his response to him asking Amy out.
Main article: Sheldon and Amy
Amy first met Sheldon in the final episode of Season 3, , when they were both matched from an online dating site, though the event triggered as a result of Howard and Raj's prank of using Sheldon's profile for the dating site. Though Sheldon disapproved of the reliability of dating sites, he changed his mind upon meeting Amy and the two have been close ever since. It has been revealed at the beginning of Season 4 that Amy and Sheldon have been communicating daily with each other for about four months, yet they have not met yet, other than the first encounter at the end of Season 3. Amy and Sheldon regularly interact via the many different technological portals such as Facebook, Twitter, texting and video chatting. Their relationship grew stronger throughout the entire season 4. For examples, Sheldon knew when Amy was at the dry cleaners, they have met each other's mothers, they have meals together, either alone or with the rest, she got him engaged in social science experiments which involved them spreading a gossip that they have slept together, and later that she was carrying his child, he was there when she had to make a quick stop to buy feminine hygiene supplies, and many more. Throughout the entire Season 4, Sheldon described Amy as his friend who is a girl but not his girlfriend while Amy described their relationship as a boy/friend/girl/friend. Their closeness has earned them the title "Shamy" from their friends, a combination of both their first names. As the series progresses however, it is implied that their relationship has evolved into non-platonic yet non-romantic.
In , Amy became attracted to Penny's friend Zack. She could not figure that out in the first place so she and Sheldon analyzed the symptoms she had when encountering Zack. One of the conclusions was sexual arousal but Sheldon refused to believe that and would rather believe in other illogical answers such as Amy was going through menopause. When Amy pointed out that Sheldon could have been jealous which resulted to his denial, he refused to answer her and decided to finish his lunch at home. He mistakenly took the cadaver brain specimen Amy was slicing instead of his lunch along the process.
In The Agreement Dissection, a drunken Amy kissed Sheldon, and although the kiss was short, Sheldon commented the kiss as fascinating. She also gave him the perfect advice as to how handle the problems he was having with Priya regarding her meddling in his Roommate Agreement with Leonard.
In The Zazzy Substitution, Sheldon revealed that Amy had licked her thumb to remove a raspberry jelly from the corner of his mouth. When they later disputed over whose area of expertise is more superior and terminated their relationship, Sheldon started hoarding cats, possibly to fill in the empty space in his life with Amy being gone. He even commented that cats make great companions since they do not argue or question his intellectual authority.
In Season 5, their relationship seems to have grown even stronger. While in Season 4's The Desperation Emanation, Sheldon gave his blessings to Leonard to date Amy since Amy wanted to be someone's girlfriend and Leonard wanted a girlfriend, a statement he uttered after he freaked out when she asked him to meet his mother and told Leonard that he liked his current relationship with Amy to remain the same, however, in Season 5's The Pulled Groin Extrapolation, when Leonard said that Amy knew how to make a guy loosen up although his groins were a little bit worse for wear, a misunderstood Sheldon karate-chopped Leonard on the shoulder and repeated twice "She is not for you!" Amy is also worried that Leonard has fallen in love with her, however, Penny insists that she can take care of Leonard's hurt.In The Isolation Permutation, Sheldon grew extremely worried when he could not reach Amy and discovered that she was upset at being left out by Penny and Bernadette on their bridesmaid dress shopping expedition. Sheldon, however unwillingly, ended up cuddling on the couch with Amy after an exchange of counter-offers which included sex, a pat on the head, French-kissing, and neck massage.
In , Amy hinted jealousy at the sight of Sheldon being all sweet and infatuated with a bird he called his "little Lovey-Dovey". Amy also suggested early on that in order for Sheldon to get over his fear of birds, he needed to interact with it, just like how he did with the mailman, showing how familiar she is with his personal life.The highlight of their relationship would be in The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition. When Stuart asked her out for coffee, Amy agreed since she found Stuart nice, funny, and he has an indication of overactive thyroid gland which she thought was completely hot. She was also influenced by both Penny and Bernadette; Penny advised her that after over a year being with Sheldon and nothing really going on, it is fine for her to look around, and Bernadette agreed since Amy and Sheldon are not engaged. Her action prompted more jealousy from Sheldon and after talking with Penny, Sheldon ended up interrupting her and Stuart's date at the movies. Amy told Sheldon that given their relationship status, she is free to do whatever she wants, even if her actions get Sheldon's disapproval. Sheldon responds that he is willing to change their relationship status, with the exception that nothing changes in terms of physical or otherwise. Amy told him to ask her again without the negative aspects; Sheldon refuses. She in response moved towards Stuart and said hi to him. Sheldon immediately relented and asked Amy directly whether she is willing to be his girlfriend, and she agreed. Sheldon left them alone immediately afterwards. Later, outside Amy's apartment, and without her knowledge that Sheldon was waiting for her in there, she had a nice conversation with Stuart. Sheldon knocked from inside and told them to wrap things up out there. She and Stuart hugged and said goodnight and Sheldon told Stuart out loud that since Amy has said good night, Stuart should get the hint and leave. Sheldon ended up introducing the Relationship Agreement to her and though she thought it is romantic, she did find the terms as restrictive, at which Sheldon told her to get a lawyer if she wants to. Amy agreed to the terms and as of now, they are officially a couple.
In The Shiny Trinket Maneuver , Sheldon and Amy revealed that their date night is once a month on every second Thursday or the third one, in a one with five Thursdays, as per The Relationship Agreement. They had their first "couple's fight" when Sheldon did not show any interest in Amy's big news, an article that she solely authored will be featured in Neuron, a distinguished journal, and that she is very happy since she has been waiting for something like this for a long time. Instead, Sheldon was more invested on the fact that he just reached 100 followers on Twitter. Upset, Amy left the date. Sheldon was oblivious to what happened until Penny told him that as Amy's boyfriend, he needs to be excited by the thing she is excited by, even if he is not. Sheldon dismissed the importance of biology by referring to it as "yucky and squishy". Sheldon then noted that he did have a soft spot for koalas and showed Penny his "koala face". He also noted that Amy was familiar with it.buy her affection, to which Sheldon agreed to. So, he got Penny to help him pick the perfect gift, at a jewelry store. Once they bought it, Sheldon had Penny call Amy over to her apartment so he can talk to her. When Amy arrived, she was still upset and voiced out that she does not want to talk to him. However, upon opening her gift, which turned out to be a tiara, Amy went giddy and excited and asked Penny to put it on her. She was ecstatic that she looked like a princess and kissed Sheldon before hugging him tightly, signalling she was no longer upset. Sheldon hugged her back, but acknowledge that tiara was a bit too much.
In The Beta Test Initiation, Sheldon decided to create his own podcast show on vexillology, the study of flags and related paraphernalia. Amy voluntarily agreed to be his assistant on the show, acting alongside him, providing ideas to better the show, and drssing up as a pretzel where Sheldon was explaining the Bavarian flag. Though their actions earned eyebrow-raising looks from Leonard, Amy had never expressed any sign that she thought Sheldon's idea was weird. There was a part during the recording of the first episode of Sheldon's show that Amy patiently acted her part over and over again, since Sheldon mentioned Take 47 at one point. When Amy made a suggestion to put a face on her "surrender" flag to attract younger viewers, Sheldon called her idea brilliant. Normally he would dismiss anybody else's ideas if they contradict his own, showing that he does care for her, and values her opinion.In The Vacation Solution , Sheldon decided to spend his forced vacation working with Amy at her laboratory, after being inspired to do so from Richard Feynman. Despite his intelligence, and her excitedness at being able to work with him, calling it romantic, Amy remained professional and gave Sheldon simple tasks that could be done by an average person, simply because Sheldon has no previous exposure to neurobiology, and is not used to working in a laboratory like hers. Sheldon however, failed to perform any of the tasks satisfactorily, despite complaining that those tasks were below his ability. He even, at one point, accused Amy of purposely giving him menial tasks for fear that he could easily be better than her, since he is smarter. The two got into a heated argument, with Sheldon being his usual condescending self. Annoyed, Amy let Sheldon attempt the work she was doing, which is slicing the locus coeruleus, which had the width of a strand of hair. Sheldon trembled nervously, accidentally sliced his finger instead, and passed out. He was kicked out from the laboratory. Later, after talking to Penny, Sheldon came back to the laboratory and apologized for his behavior, though he attempted it several times since Amy wanted a real apology and he refused to do so. He finally gave in and she allowed him to work back in the laboratory, asking him to continue washing the beakers since they were still dirty. Sheldon will compromise more with Amy than with anyone else even to the point of apologizing hinting that is a possible romantic bond between them.
In The Weekend Vortex , Sheldon promised to go to Amy's Aunt Flora's 93rd birthday party. However, when the guys announced that they will be having a 48-hours Star Wars online gaming marathon, which included lightsabers, Sheldon had a change of heart and wanted to stay instead. Amy demanded he kept his word as she followed all the protocols stipulated in The Relationship Agreement regarding traveling: she gave a 72-hours notice, checked the tires pressure, and called the CDC to check for the suitable shot needed when traveling to Orange County. Sheldon tried to wriggle his way out by saying that their agreement did not exist for either of them to get their way, though when Amy pointed out he used it to get his way all the time, Sheldon reasoned he used it to get the right way, and coincidentally, his way was the right way. Eventually, Sheldon agreed to join Amy. The next morning, before they departed, Amy told Sheldon how grateful she was that he decided to honorhis commitment to her. Instead, Sheldon told her to thank the technologies, and that he found a way to be there at her aunt's party but still could game. He planned to join the online gaming while at the party, and to avoid being rude to her family for not responding to them, he would wear his headset so he could not hear them. Upset, Amy said sarcastically that if gaming was more important to him than accompanying her to avoid the embarrassment she would face should she came alone, he could stay. Sheldon did not get her sarcasm and used it as an out to stay, even telling her to bring back a slice of cake for him. Amy went ahead and as expected, had an awful time with her family regarding her absent boyfriend. She sought Penny's advice on the matter and they ended up barging into Sheldon and Leonard's apartment while they were gaming, to create a scene (Her first suggestion of withholding sex would not work with Sheldon.) . Amy told Sheldon that if he could not treat her better she would leave him for Arman, the fictious miniature horse breeder. Sheldon asked her about Arman, but she failed to continue the ruse. Eventually, Penny told him the truth about how he stood her up and hurt her. Sheldon came to his senses, but only because he thought that since Amy is lucky to have him as her boyfriend, it would only made sense if he were present when she showed him off. He offered her Cooper Coupons to make it up back to her. Penny had been offered them earlier and found them to be of no value. Amy got excited at one of the offers, a trip to the California Science Center (where Sheldon would explain their mistakes), and immediately forgot about being angry.
In The Launch Acceleration, Amy, inspired by the progress of the relationships of her friends, decided to get her own relationship progressing, by having Sheldon develop feelings for her. Knowing Sheldon and his personality, she decided to use her skills in Neurobiology and knowledge of human's emotional attachments, as well as her knowledge of Sheldon's likes and dislikes to her advantage, by devising the perfect experiment to achieve her goal. She started off by deciding to have her monthly date night with Sheldon at her apartment. Sheldon was surprised by her suggestion, especially since his idea of a hot date is crossing the road and going to the Lego store to buy tiny Indiana Jones Lego. When Amy voiced out her desire to progress their relationship, Sheldon was quick to refuse it, since he thought they cannot go faster than they are. Sheldon also did not expect Amycould pull off changing his mind regarding their relationship. Amy did not appear dejected since she anticipated his reaction. She started off their date night by turning on a romantic music, which happened to be a Super Mario Brothers' theme tune, Sheldon's favorite from his childhood. He told her it was not going to work but could not help himself from humming along to the tune. Amy then offered him a drink, which turned out to be Strawberry Quik, Sheldon's favorite pink fluid, and spaghetti with hot dogs cut up in it for their main course. Sheldon became extremely excited and started scooping the spaghetti into his plate. He commented that they should do it more often, only to catch himself off guard, and realized what he just said. Amy just grinned widely at him. Not long after that, Sheldon confided in Leonard, after he started getting distracted to the point where he was losing out on 3D chess on his own accord, that among Amy's efforts to get him to increase his feelings for her included getting him to be an Amtrak junior conductor for a day (which was meant to be for children only). He even got to blow the whistle. As a result, Sheldon started to think about Amy affectionately at inappropriate times, like during work, when he imagined the particles he was working on as Amy's dandruff gently cascading down her pale and slightly-hunched shoulders. He wondered if such thoughts can be stopped. At the end of the episode, Leonard caught Sheldon and Amy playing Doctor, Star Trek style. Amy even dressed up in a Star Trek medical uniform despite her previous rule against dressing up in costumes, and Sheldon told her to not stop what she was doing.
In The Countdown Reflection, Amy told Bernadette that she thinks Sheldon's eidetic memory is sexy and even made him recite the ingredients in Pringles. Later when Howard and Bernadette tried to get married at the City Hall, Amy asked Sheldon if being there makes him thinking, an innuendo that, naturally, he missed entirely. She was also shown to be disappointed when Sheldon was addressing the bride and groom and told them he hopes that they will find happiness together just as he has found happiness alone. However, his actions contradicted his words when he, much to her surprise, grabbed her hand as Howard was being launched into space. During Howard and Bernadette's wedding ceremony, Amy dressed up in her maid of honor dress while wearing the tiara that Sheldon gave her.
Stuart Bloom is the owner of the comic book store that the guys frequented. He is geeky, timid, and has troubles with the ladies. Stuart first met Amy in Season 5's The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition, when Amy followed Sheldon to the comic book store on a Wednesday night since it is New Comic Book night. Stuart asked her if she needed help with comic books and Amy wanted to see a comic book that depicts a woman whose bosoms cannot be used as a floatation device, but Stuart said there is none of that sort since guys like big boobs and some even have them. The two had a friendly conversation, which ended well. Stuart then proceeded to ask Leonard whether Amy and Sheldon are an item, prompting a surprise reaction from Leonard, Howard, and Raj. Howard asked whether he is interested in Amy and Stuart revealed that he is, since Amy did not look at him with hatred and contempt, which he finds likable in a woman. He asked Leonard to check with Sheldon if it is fine for him to ask her out. Sheldon was fine since he never thought Amy would even look at someone like Stuart so Stuart texted her, asking her out for coffee.
Amy was hanging at Penny's with the girls when she received the message and was pleasantly surprised, especially at being teased about being a vixen by Penny. Bernadette asked Amy on her opinion of Stuart and Amy sincerely answered that Stuart is nice and funny and has an indication of an overactive thyroid gland that she finds as hot. Bernadette asked her what she will do about the invitation and proceeded to ask whether Stuart is aware that Amy has a boyfriend. This prompted a quick reply by Penny who said Amy does not have a boyfriend, but she has a Sheldon. Penny told Amy that as much as they all love Sheldon, she has been with himfor over a year and if their relationship is not going anywhere, it is fine if she goes and look somewhere else. Bernadette agreed with Penny by adding that Sheldon and Amy are not engaged like her and Howard. Amy agreed to go out with Stuart for coffee, which was later revealed to be pumpkin lattes, when Stuart posted on his Facebook the details of their date. The date went well since Amy agreed to go out with Stuart again, this time to the movies. As they were watching, Stuart told her that if she is bored she could leave but Amy refused and told Stuart that she is having a nice time. Their date was interrupted however by a jealous Sheldon who commented that the thought of Amy with Stuart is repellant and proceeded to finally ask her to be his girlfriend. Amy agreed, and Stuart sat in silence next to her, watching the exchange between her and Sheldon. Sheldon left as quickly as he came and gave Stuart a dollar to make up for ruining his date.
Amy and Stuart continued their date and later were seen walking back to her apartment. Despite Amy having just upgraded her relationship with another man, Stuart seemed to harbour no hard feelings and even commented that their date was nice. Sheldon interrupted again from within Amy's apartment and told them to wrap things up so they said good night and gave each other a friendly hug. Sheldon again, yelled from inside and told Stuart to go back since they have said good night so he left. Stuart is the first character on the show to have directly expressed his interest in Amy, an action which became a catalyst for the progress in Sheldon and Amy's relationship instead. As of now, Stuart remains single but nonetheless on good terms with Amy.
- Ever since The 21-Second Excitation , Amy considers Penny her best friend and claims that their "menses" are synchronized. She even calls her "bestie".
- She gets constipated by travel.
- Amy's profession as a neurobiologist is a reference to Mayim Bialik, the actress who portrays her. Bialik graduated with a Ph. D. in Neuroscience from UCLA in 2008. Bialik herself revealed in an interview that the writers made Amy a neurobiologist after she was cast on the show.
- She wears menstrual pads all the time to avoid surprises.
- Prior to The 21-Second Excitation , the closest she ever had to a slumber party was a night she spent at a hospital with a Vietnamese girl after having her tonsils removed (the girl did not survive the night, but "up till then, it was kinda fun!").
- Amy is pseudo-engaged to a Saudi prince named Faisal. She met him at a fundraising trip to his country. He funds her laboratory. In return, she has a place to stay in Riyadh during the winter.
- Amy is very prone to night terrors.
- Amy has volunteered for scientific experiments in which orgasms are achieved by stimulating the pleasure center of the brain, hers was stimulated at least 128 times, in an unspecified number of experiments.
- She claims to have perfected many "tension-relieving techniques for ladies" over the years.
- She has an electric toothbrush she uses for masturbation named "Gerard".
- She claims Sheldon to be the most fun person she knows.
- Sheldon claims in The Zazzy Substitution that Amy is the most similar person to him by any standard.
- In The Bat Jar Conjencture (Season 1, Episode 13), Leonard, Howard, and Raj were looking for the fourth member for their Physics Bowl team, and Raj suggested they get "the girl who plays TV's Blossom" since she is smart. The girl he was referring to is Mayim Bialik , who plays Amy. This reference occurred about 3 years before Mayim joined the show.
- In The Herb Garden Germination, Amy revealed that her laboratory had been given a grant to study nicotine addiction. As part of her research, she managed to train a monkey she called "Ricky" to smoke. "Ricky" debuted in The Agreement Dissection to be living in Amy's apartment. Amy reasoned that since she was giving him emphysema, the least she could do was let it watch cable.
- She was in the Cub Scouts for two years until they discovered that she was a girl.
- The closest thing to a friend Amy had in high school was the janitor with whom she regularly lunched with, until his wife found out and called her a "puta" (Spanish for whore) and made her stop. She also claimed that she had no friends in kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, college, and during her advanced college studies.
- She has a Ph. D. in Neurobiology. Sheldon revealed this in The Roommate Transmogrification.
- Her first appearance is in The Lunar Excitation, (Season 3, Episode 23), which happens to be the final episode of the season.
- She believes Neurobiology to be superior to Microbiology and Physics.
- She can play the harp, as shown in The Infestation Hypothesis and claimed to know only two songs; a Bossanova standard and the "Different Strokes" theme song. Although since then, she seems to have learned other songs as well, playing "The Girl from Ipanema" in The Infestation Hypothesis , R.E.M's "Everybody Hurts" in The Isolation Permutation, and Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" in The Werewolf Transformation.
- She has her own secret language, Op, formed by appending -op to consonants, i.e., "Pack a bag" becomes "Pop a cop kop a bop a gop".
- She wears hand-me-downs from her grandmother, except for a pair of leopard-spotted panties she bought from Victoria's Secret.
- Unlike Sheldon, Amy has no interest in model trains.
- Due to her lack-of-friends situation in high school, the only person who signed her High School yearbook was her mom, who wrote: "Dear Amy, self-respect and a hymen are better than friends and fun. Love, Mom".
- Amy has hinted that she may be bisexual, or bicurious, especially around Penny. During The Robotic Manipulation, she asked Penny whether she is a homosexual, after Penny complimented her hair, and later attempted to engage "in harmless lesbian experimentation" with her during the girls' slumber party. In The Pulled Groin Extrapolation, she told Penny that Penny would have a better shot with her than Leonard. She also enthusiastically defends Penny whenever anyone insults her. Amy's sexual orientation was possibly confirmed as bisexual on her first date with Sheldon when she kissed penny while drunk after enthusiastically saying "give me some sugar, bestie", though that was most likely because she was drunk because she was at one time sexually attracted to Penny's ex-boyfriend.
- When she was 14, she severed the webbing between her own toes by just using nitrous oxide from cans of whipped cream as anaesthesia.
- Amy's apartment number is 314. Surely, that is no accident since the number represents the number of Pi, which is 3.14.
- Ever since The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition, she and Sheldon officially became a couple. They are each other's first boyfriend and girlfriend respectively. Coindentally, he is also her first kiss.
- Amy thinks comic books are "Lame-O".
- She used to play Travel Twister alone to spend her evenings.
- She is the co-creator of the game "Counterfactuals" with Sheldon. Surprisingly, despite it being a brain-teaser type of game, only the two of them could play, as even a genius like Leonard failed miserably in the game. Understanding the concept of the game reveals how much Sheldon and Amy think alike.
- She had an agreement with her mother to go on a date at least once a year, in return for her mother's silence on the matter and being able to occasionally use her mother's George Foreman grill that "seals in the flavor without the fat". This led to her sigining up on a dating site that matched her with Sheldon.
- Since The Isolation Permutation, she will be the maid of honor at Howard and Bernadette's wedding. This is her second time being chosen as the maid of honor though the first one never took place when the bride died shortly before the wedding.
- Despite her many similarites with Sheldon, she thinks he has a focus on cleanliness bordering on the psychotic, as according to The Infestation Hypothesis.
- She revealed in The Speckerman Recurrence that among her nicknames during high school were "Gorilla-Fingers Fowler" and "Fuzzy-Fingers Fowler", a result of her having hairy knuckles from using her hand lotion that her bullies had spiked with Rogaine.
- She does not mind being Penny's cellmate should they be caught for breaking the law.
- According to Bill Prady through Twitter, Amy is a fan of Downton Abbey.
- Amy is shown to be more interested in physical contacts and social conventions than Sheldon is.
- Amy has been training in the field of Neurobiology for 12 years.
- According to The Weekend Vortex, Amy has a 93-year-old Aunt Flora, who lives in Orange County.
- Amy is from Glendale, California.
- Amy had a make-believe boyfriend named Arman, the miniature horse breeder, whom she used to tell her family when they asked her about her boyfriend. The lie also did not work on Sheldon.
- She revealed in The Weekend Vortex that as a child, she used to toss coins into "wishing wells", wishing for friends. Eventually, she started making trick shots, just to keep the activity interesting.
- Amy is a bad liar, just like Sheldon.
- Mayim Bialik's (the actress who plays Amy) first name can be anagrammed as "I'm Amy".
- Sheldon revealed that Amy is allergic to penicillin in The Shiny Trinket Maneuver.
- Amy, along with Penny, Sheldon, Raj, and Leonard were all ordained as ministers in order to wed Howard and Bernadette in The Countdown Reflection.
- In the The Pulled Groin Extrapolation, Leonard is Amy's date to a wedding reception. The two actors also dated in one episode of Mayim Bialik's series Blossom.
- On July 19, 2012, Mayim receives her first ever Emmy nomination in the Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series category for her portrayal of Amy.