Though Amy and Sheldon are very similar, they have some notable differences. She does not, for example, share his love of Star Trek, considering it "cheap science fiction", and also does not share Sheldon's other love of comics. Also, she does not believe in wearing costumes for unspecified reasons, though she does change this resistance over time. Amy is more willing to socialize with others than Sheldon. While Sheldon generally refuses to accept the need for intimacy, Amy appears to desire the kind of friendships she was denied as a child. She is capable of acknowledging that she is part of a group, as shown in " when she uses the phrase "my colleagues and I." She also finds people of the opposite sex attractive, although she is initially unable to understand her physical desire towards Penny's ex-boyfriend Zack Johnson
until it is explained to her. Additionally, she has less of a problem with physical human contact than Sheldon, regardless of their sex, as seen in " when she, without hesitation, attempted to engage in a "harmless experimentation with lesbianism" with Penny, in " " when she willingly offered Penny to share a room with her and in " when she willingly hugged Penny to comfort her, when Penny got upset over Leonard finding a new girlfriend. In "The Agreement Dissection", she, albeit under the influence of alcohol, kissed Penny on the mouth and later did the same to Sheldon, whose response was, "Fascinating." The next morning, a hung over Amy calls Sheldon via webcam and the two agree to go back to the way their relationship was before the previous night. Amy also has not shown an interest on toy trains, like Sheldon does.
Starting in " ", Amy has been regularly communicating with Sheldon and Penny via video chat across an array of equipment; despite this she still maintains human contact with them.In " ", Amy is first informed about Priya and dubs her a "man-stealing bitch". Despite this, she acknowledges that Priya is more suitable for Leonard than Penny. Upon meeting Priya, she found her to be an amazing human being and regrets her negative comments earlier.
After drinking some alcohol in ". As a group, they have been trashing Priya ever since. As the show progresses, it is shown that Amy is now best friends with Penny and Bernadette, with the three girls hanging out increasingly frequent together, that at times, Amy seems to favor hanging with the girls more than Sheldon himself. , Amy started to diss Priya in alliance with Penny and
Amy is also close to Bernadette, though not as close as she is with Penny (of the three, Amy considers Bernadette to be "the least cool"). Amy and Bernadette are both biologists and possess doctorates, making them able to converse intellectually. Amy had once called Bernadette a wildebeest but quickly adds "with hair that smells of strawberries" after Bernadette's reaction showing that Amy cares enough about her to try and compliment a positive quality after insulting her, and is very excited to be a bridesmaid at Bernadette's upcoming wedding. Bernadette, though she at times feels that Amy is creepy, values her enough and to make it up back to her for not asking her to join her bridesmaid dress shopping session with Penny, made her the maid of honor. Bernadette is more uncomfortable with Amy's "outside of the box" comments, while Penny is more used to them having been friends with Sheldon.In "The Speckerman Recurrence", Amy and Bernadette shared the stories of how they were bullied during their school years, with Bernadette's involving a case of having her clothes taken away by Tammy Bockneck and replaced with an elf costume that turned out to be too big for her, and Amy's with having hairy knuckles due to applying hand lotion that had secretly been tampered with Rogaine by her bullies. It was not surprising when they found out that out of the three girls, Penny was the only one who left high school unscathed, since she was the one doing the bullying. Bernadette also acts as a kind of translator, translating Amy's words such as "assuage" and "altruism" to versions that are much simpler that Penny can understand. There are often times where her closeness with Penny overshadows Bernadette. In "The Parking Spot Escalation", Sheldon and Howard fight over Sheldon's (No, Howard's!!) parking space led to Amy and Bernadette having a massive fight, not over the parking space, but rather over the wider issue of which was the alpha male. This leads to Amy hurtfully reminding Bernadette of the connection Howard makes between her and his mother, and Bernadette responds by having Amy's car towed and then scratched. The argument ended when it got too far out of control, and Penny ended up getting two black eyes.
Amy and Leonard did not have good first impressions of each other, with Amy always seemed to look down on Leonard and Leonard called her judgmental, sanctimonious and just obnoxious. However, their relationship improves gradually and in "The Pulled Groin Extrapolation", Amy asked Leonard to be her date to a wedding instead of Sheldon. They ended up enjoying each other's company at the wedding and Leonard commented that Amy reallyknows how to make a guy loosen up and have a good time. When Amy called Sheldon while drunk in "", Leonard and Sheldon went to see her at the parking lot in front of the liquor store. Leonard ended up being the person helping Amy up and walked with her as they made their way to send her back to her apartment. Amy giggled when she said that he had found second base. In "", Stuart asked Leonard to be the guy who checks in with Sheldon regarding his response to him asking Amy out.
Amy's relationship with Howard is somewhat complicated exactly the same way as it is with Sheldon. She, like Sheldon and Dr. Gablehauser, makes fun of Howard for lacking a doctorate and his other idiosyncracies.
Amy's relationship with Raj is kind of complicated, but they remain friends. Her relationship with him can be described the same way it is with Sheldon. Recently in the episode, "The Santa Simulation", the guys choose to play a game of Dungeons and Dragons over plans with their girls; prompting Amy, Penny and Bernadette go to a club for a ladies night. Raj tags along with them after his D&D characters dies within the first five minutes. At the club while the girls are trying to help Raj find a girl, Raj reveals to them that he had a thing for Penny and Bernadette but always tries to like a friends girlfriend one at a time. Amy then says that Raj must have had a thing for her, but he responds with a no. Hurt by the comment, Amy reveals past sad experiences about guys, like how one time she passed out at a frat mixer and woke up with more clothes on her, Raj then empathizes with her about his troubles with girls and they smile a little at each other with Amy commenting on her current relationship with Sheldon and how it could happen with a Raj and a girl. When they all are about to leave, Amy says that she's good now that she knows Raj likes her and Raj follows out with Penny saying that he kind of likes her now that he knows she's not into him. Improving on the relationship between Amy and Raj now that they both know they are together in the overlooked department of the opposite gender.
Main article: Sheldon and AmyAmy first met Sheldon in the final episode of Season 3, " ", when they were both matched from an online dating site, though the event triggered as a result of Howard and Raj's prank of using Sheldon's profile for the dating site. Though Sheldon disapproved of the reliability of dating sites, he changed his mind upon meeting Amy and the two have been close ever since. It has been revealed at the beginning of season 4 that Amy and Sheldon have been communicating daily with each other for about four months, yet they have not met yet, other than the first encounter at the end of season 3. Amy and Sheldon regularly interact via the many different technological portals such as Facebook, Twitter, texting and video chatting. Their relationship grew stronger throughout the entire season 4. For examples, Sheldon knew when Amy was at the dry cleaners, they have met each other's mothers, they have meals together, either alone or with the rest, she got him engaged in social science experiments which involved them spreading a gossip that they have slept together, and later that she was carrying his child, he was there when she had to make a quick stop to buy feminine hygiene supplies, and many more. Throughout the entire season 4, Sheldon described Amy as his friend who is a girl but not his girlfriend while Amy described their relationship as a boy/friend/girl/friend. Their closeness has earned them the title "Shamy" from their friends, a combination of both their first names. As the series progresses however, it is implied that their relationship has evolved into non-platonic yet non-romantic.
In "Penny's friend Zack. She could not figure that out in the first place so she and Sheldon analyzed the symptoms she had when encountering Zack. One of the conclusions was sexual arousal but Sheldon refused to believe that and would rather believe in other illogical answers such as Amy was going through menopause. When Amy pointed out that Sheldon could have been jealous which resulted to his denial, he refused to answer her and decided to finish his lunch at home. He mistakenly took the cadaver brain specimen Amy was slicing instead of his lunch along the process. ", Amy became attracted to
In "The Agreement Dissection", a drunken Amy kissed Sheldon, and although the kiss was short, Sheldon commented the kiss as fascinating. She also gave him the perfect advice as to how handle the problems he was having with Priya regarding her meddling in his Roommate Agreement with Leonard.
In "The Zazzy Substitution", Sheldon revealed that Amy had licked her thumb to remove a raspberry jelly from the corner of his mouth. When they later disputed over whose area of expertise is more superior and terminated their relationship, Sheldon started hoarding cats, possibly to fill in the empty space in his life with Amy being gone. He even commented that cats make great companions since they do not argue or question his intellectual authority. His mother tells them through reverse psychology that they shouldn't be together, so Sheldon negotiates reconciliation with Amy.
In Season 5, their relationship seems to have grown even stronger. While in Season 4's "The Desperation Emanation", Sheldon gave his blessings to Leonard to date Amy since Amy wanted to be someone's girlfriend and Leonard wanted a girlfriend, a statement he uttered after he freaked out when she asked him to meet her mother and told Leonard that he liked his current relationship with Amy to remain the same, however, in Season 5's "The Pulled Groin Extrapolation", when Leonard said that Amy knew how to make a guy loosen up although his groins were a little bit worse for wear, a misunderstood Sheldon karate-chopped Leonard on the shoulder and repeated twice "She is not for you!" Amy is also worried that Leonard has fallen in love with her, however, Penny insists that she can take care of Leonard's hurt.In "The Isolation Permutation", Sheldon grew extremely worried when he could not reach Amy and discovered that she was upset at being left out by Penny and Bernadette on their bridesmaid dress shopping expedition. Sheldon, however unwillingly, ended up cuddling on the couch with Amy after an exchange of counter-offers which included sex, a pat on the head, French-kissing, and neck massage.
In , Amy hinted jealousy at the sight of Sheldon being all sweet and infatuated with a bird he called his "little Lovey-Dovey". Amy also suggested early on that in order for Sheldon to get over his fear of birds, he needed to interact with it, just like how he did with the mailman, showing how familiar she is with his personal life.The highlight of their relationship would be in "The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition". When Stuart asked her out for coffee, Amy agreed since she found Stuart nice, funny, and he has an indication of overactive thyroid gland which she thought was completely hot. She was also influenced by both Penny and Bernadette; Penny advised her that after over a year being with Sheldon and nothing really going on, it is fine for her to look around, and Bernadette agreed since Amy and Sheldon are not engaged. Her action prompted more jealousy from Sheldon and after talking with Penny, Sheldon ended up interrupting her and Stuart's date at the movies. Amy told Sheldon that given their relationship status, she is free to do whatever she wants, even if her actions get Sheldon's disapproval. Sheldon responds that he is willing to change their relationship status, with the exception that nothing changes in terms of physical or otherwise. Amy told him to ask her again without the negative aspects; Sheldon refuses. She in response moved towards Stuart and said hi to him. Sheldon immediately relented and asked Amy directly whether she is willing to be his girlfriend, and she agreed. Sheldon left them alone immediately afterwards. Later, outside Amy's apartment, and without her knowledge that Sheldon was waiting for her in there, she had a nice conversation with Stuart. Sheldon knocked from inside and told them to wrap things up out there. She and Stuart hugged and said goodnight and Sheldon told Stuart out loud that since Amy has said good night, Stuart should get the hint and leave. Sheldon ended up introducing the Relationship Agreement to her and though she thought it is romantic, she did find the terms as restrictive, at which Sheldon told her to get a lawyer if she wants to. Amy agreed to the terms and as of that point, they are officially a couple.
In "The Shiny Trinket Maneuver", Sheldon and Amy revealed that their date night is once a month on every second Thursday or the third one, in a one with five Thursdays, as per The Relationship Agreement. They had their first "couple's fight" when Sheldon did not show any interest in Amy's big news, an article that she solely authored will be featured in Neuron, a distinguished journal, and that she is very happy since she has been waiting for something like this for a long time. Instead, Sheldon was more invested on the fact that he just reached 100 followers on Twitter. Upset, Amy left the date. Sheldon was oblivious to what happened until Penny told him that as Amy's boyfriend, he needs to be excited by the thing she is excited by, even if he is not. Sheldon dismissed the importance of biology by referring to it as "yucky and squishy". Sheldon then noted that he did have a soft spot for koalas and showed Penny his his "koala face". He also noted that Amy was familiar with it.Penny tells Sheldon that he needs to buy Amy's affection, to which Sheldon agrees. He gets Penny to help him pick the perfect gift, at a jewelry store. Once they bought it, Sheldon had Penny call Amy over to her apartment so he can talk to her. When Amy arrived, she was still upset and voiced out that she does not want to talk to him. However, upon opening her gift, which turned out to be a tiara, Amy went giddy and excited and asked Penny to put it on her. She was ecstatic that she looked like a princess and kissed Sheldon before hugging him tightly, signalling she was no longer upset. Sheldon hugged her back, but acknowledge that tiara was a bit too much.
In "The Beta Test Initiation", Sheldon decided to create his own podcast show on vexillology, the study of flags and related paraphernalia. Amy voluntarily agreed to be his assistant on the show, acting alongside him, providing ideas to better the show, and dressing up as a pretzel where Sheldon was explaining the Bavarian flag. Though their actions earned eyebrow-raising looks from Leonard, Amy had never expressed any sign that she thought Sheldon's idea was weird. There was a part during the recording of the first episode of Sheldon's show that Amy patiently acted her part over and over again, since Sheldon mentioned Take 47 at one point. When Amy made a suggestion to put a face on her "surrender" flag to attract younger viewers, Sheldon called her idea brilliant. Normally he would dismiss anybody else's ideas if they contradict his own, showing that he does care for her, and values her opinion.In "The Vacation Solution", Sheldon decided to spend his forced vacation working with Amy at her laboratory, after being inspired to do so from Richard Feynman. Despite his intelligence, and her excitement at being able to work with him, calling it romantic, Amy remained professional and gave Sheldon simple tasks that could be done by an average person, simply because Sheldon has no previous exposure to biology, and is not used to working in a laboratory like hers. Sheldon however, failed to perform any of the tasks satisfactorily, despite complaining that those tasks were below his ability. He even, at one point, accused Amy of purposely giving him menial tasks for fear that he could easily be better than her, since he is smarter. The two got into a heated argument, with Sheldon being his usual condescending self. Annoyed, Amy let Sheldon attempt the work she was doing, which is slicing the locus coeruleus, which had the width of a strand of hair. Sheldon trembled nervously, accidentally cutting his finger instead, and passed out. He was kicked out from the laboratory. Later, after talking to Penny, Sheldon came back to the laboratory and apologized for his behavior, though he attempted it several times since Amy wanted a real apology and he refused to do so. He finally gave in and she allowed him to work back in the laboratory, asking him to continue washing the beakers since they were still dirty. Sheldon will compromise more with Amy than with anyone else even to the point of apologizing hinting that is a possible romantic bond between them.
In "The Weekend Vortex", Sheldon promised to go to Amy's Aunt Flora's 93rd birthday party. However, when the guys announced that they will be having a 48-hour Star Wars online gaming marathon, which included light sabers, Sheldon had a change of heart and wanted to stay instead. Amy demanded he kept his word as she followed all the protocols stipulated in The Relationship Agreement regarding traveling: she gave a 72-hours notice, checked the tires pressure, and called the CDC to check for the suitable shot needed when traveling to Orange County. Sheldon tried to wriggle his way out by saying that their agreement did not exist for either of them to get their way, though when Amy pointed out he used it to get his way all the time, Sheldon reasoned he used it to get the right way, and coincidentally, his way was the right way. Eventually, Sheldon agreed to join Amy. The next morning, before they departed, Amy told Sheldon how grateful she was that he decided to honorhis commitment to her. Instead, Sheldon told her to thank the technologies, and that he found a way to be there at her aunt's party but still could game. He planned to join the online gaming while at the party, and to avoid being rude to her family for not responding to them, he would wear his headset so he could not hear them. Upset, Amy said sarcastically that if gaming was more important to him than accompanying her to avoid the embarrassment she would face should she came alone, he could stay. Sheldon did not get her sarcasm and used it as an out to stay, even telling her to bring back a slice of cake for him. Amy went ahead and as expected, had an awful time with her family regarding her absent boyfriend. She sought Penny's advice on the matter and they ended up barging into Sheldon and Leonard's apartment while they were gaming, to create a scene (Her first suggestion of withholding sex would not work with Sheldon) . Amy told Sheldon that if he could not treat her better she would leave him for Arman, the fictitious miniature horse breeder. Sheldon asked her about Arman, but she failed to continue the ruse. Eventually, Penny told him the truth about how he stood her up and hurt her. Sheldon came to his senses, but only because he thought that since Amy is lucky to have him as her boyfriend, it would only made sense if he were present when she showed him off. He offered her Cooper Coupons to make it up back to her. Penny had been offered them earlier and found them to be of no value. Amy got excited at one of the offers, a trip to the California Science Center (where Sheldon would explain their mistakes), and immediately forgot about being angry.
In "The Launch Acceleration", Amy, inspired by the progress of the relationships of her friends, decided to get their own relationship progressing, by having Sheldon develop feelings for her. Knowing Sheldon and his personality, she decided to use her skills in Neurobiology and knowledge of human's emotional attachments, as well as her knowledge of Sheldon's likes and dislikes to her advantage, by devising the perfect experiment to achieve her goal. She started off by deciding to have her monthly date night with Sheldon at her apartment. Sheldon was surprised by her suggestion, especially since his idea of a hot date is crossing the road and going to the Lego store to buy tiny Indiana Jones Lego. When Amy voiced out her desire to progress their relationship, Sheldon was quick to refuse it, since he thought they cannot go faster than they are. Sheldon also did not expect Amycould pull off changing his mind regarding their relationship. Amy did not appear dejected since she anticipated his reaction. She started off their date night by turning on a romantic music, which happened to be a Super Mario Brothers' theme tune, Sheldon's favorite from his childhood. He told her it was not going to work but could not help himself from humming along to the tune. Amy then offered him a drink, which turned out to be Strawberry Quik, Sheldon's favorite pink fluid, and spaghetti with hot dogs cut up in it for their main course. Sheldon became extremely excited and started scooping the spaghetti into his plate. He commented that they should do it more often, only to catch himself off guard, and realized what he just said. Amy just grinned widely at him. Not long after that, Sheldon confided in Leonard, after he started getting distracted to the point where he was losing out on 3D chess on his own accord, that among Amy's efforts to get him to increase his feelings for her included getting him to be an Amtrak junior conductor for a day (which was meant to be for children only). He even got to blow the whistle. As a result, Sheldon started to think about Amy affectionately at inappropriate times, like during work, when he imagined the particles he was working on as Amy's dandruff gently cascading down her pale and slightly-hunched shoulders. He wondered if such thoughts can be stopped. At the end of the episode, Leonard caught Sheldon and Amy playing Doctor, Star Trek style. Amy even dressed up in a Star Trek medical uniform despite her previous rule against dressing up in costumes, and Sheldon told her to not stop what she was doing.
In "The Countdown Reflection", Amy told Bernadette that she thinks Sheldon's eidetic memory is sexy and even made him recite the ingredients in Pringles. Later when Howard and Bernadette tried to get married at the City Hall, Amy asked Sheldon if being there makes him thinking, an innuendo that, naturally, he missed entirely. She was also shown to be disappointed when Sheldon was addressing the bride and groom and told them he hopes that they will find happiness together just as he has found happiness alone. However, his actions contradicted his words when he, much to her surprise, grabbed her hand as Howard was being launched into space. During Howard and Bernadette's wedding ceremony, Amy dressed up in her maid of honor dress while wearing the tiara that Sheldon gave her.
At the beginning of season six, Amy and Sheldon are shown regularly dating each other. In "The Date Night Variable", Sheldon invites Raj along for their second anniversary dinner much to Amy's annoyance. After Raj leaves, Amy demands a statement from the heart from Sheldon or she was leaving him. Sheldon provided some paraphrased romantic dialogue from the first Spiderman movie. Amy says that she'll "take it". In "The Decoupling Fluctuation" episode, Amy confides to her girlfriends that she has a plan to marry Sheldon in four years, but don't tell him that because he is still a flight risk. Also while at the movies, Amy requires Sheldon to now hold her hand though Sheldon thinks the idea is silly and unhygienic. In "The Habitation Configuration", Amy is directing an episode of "Fun with Flags" guest starring Wil Wheaton. While not liking his acting, the two get into an argument and Amy leaves. Sheldon is first caught in the middle and then naively thinks that Amy is solving the problem by leaving. He eventually learns that he should support Amy in disagreements.
In "The Parking Spot Escalation" Amy backs up Sheldon in his fight for Howard's parking place, helping him put his name back on the space and leaving her car parked in it. After she finds it towed she confronts Bernadette and ends up smashing her bestie, Penny, in her face breaking her nose. The next episode "The Fish Guts Displacement", Sheldon finds Amy has the flu and she asks him to take care of her per The Relationship Agreement. First Sheldon says that that is meant for her to take care of him and then leaves. Moments later Sheldon has a change of heart and tells her that they have a written agreement and that he cares about her well beings so he will take care of her though he wants to get through it quickly. Later when he finds that her temperature hasn't gone down, he tells he that she isn't trying. Amy complains about his bed side manner and just wants to go to sleep. Sheldon says that that is not acceptable because he isn't through taking care of her. He has to put a rag on her forehead, sing to her (probably Soft Kitty) and rub Vicks vapor rub on her chest. Sick Amy sits up surprised and wants to start with the Vicks with Sheldon not realizing the sexual implications. Sheldon tells her that it may tingle and Amy replies that she is counting on that. A few days later Bernadette visits her and learns that Amy is feeling fine and is enjoying Sheldon taking care of her especially since he has started bathing her. A couple of days later Sheldon has the results of a throat culture which says that she is no longer sick. Amy apologizes. Sheldon is disappointed because he thought their relationship was based on trust and mutual respect. He says that she needs to be punished so that that doesn't happen again. She thinks she should not be allowed to see the next Star Trek movie, but Sheldon feels that that is too harsh a punishment. He prefers being put in the stocks in public, but thinks that he needs a permit for that. Instead, he decides to spank her, which she seems to enjoy. Someday Amy hopes to have a full relationship with Sheldon including physical intimacy. In "The Bakersfield Expedition", she develops an interest in comic books and debates the physical properties of Thor's hammer with the other girls. Her, Bernadette's, and Penny's interest in comic books excites the boys.
In "The Cooper/Kripke Inversion", he and Kripke exchange papers concerning a theory they are both researching. Sheldon is destraught to find that Kripke's paper is much better than his and allows Amy to physically comfort him. When Kripke explains that the reason his paper is better than Sheldon's is because Sheldon is having sex with Amy and, therefore, has less time to work on the research, Sheldon doesn't correct him. He even begins bragging about his sexual exploits and later admits to Penny and Leonard that he does not rule out the idea that he might engage in coitus with Amy sometime in the future. Also, Sheldon enjoys being held and consoled by Amy when he is very upset about Kripke.
Stuart Bloom is the owner of the comic book store that the guys frequented. He is geeky, timid, and has troubles with the ladies. Stuart first met Amy in Season 5's "The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition", when Amy followed Sheldon to the comic book store on a Wednesday night since it is New Comic Book night. Stuart asked her if she needed help with comic books and Amy wanted to see a comic book that depicts a woman whose bosoms cannot be used as a flotation device, but Stuart said there is none of that sort since guys like big boobs and some even have them. The two had a friendly conversation, which ended well. Stuart then proceeded to ask Leonard whether Amy and Sheldon are an item, prompting a surprise reaction from Leonard, Howard, and Raj. Howard asked whether he is interested in Amy and Stuart revealed that he is, since Amy did not look at him with hatred and contempt, which he finds likable in a woman. He asked Leonard to check with Sheldon if it is fine for him to ask her out. Sheldon was fine since he never thought Amy would even look at someone like Stuart so Stuart texted her, asking her out for coffee.
Amy was hanging at Penny's with the girls when she received the message and was pleasantly surprised, especially at being teased about being a vixen by Penny. Bernadette asked Amy on her opinion of Stuart and Amy sincerely answered that Stuart is nice and funny and has an indication of an overactive thyroid gland that she finds as hot. Bernadette asked her what she will do about the invitation and proceeded to ask whether Stuart is aware that Amy has a boyfriend. This prompted a quick reply by Penny who said Amy does not have a boyfriend, but she has a Sheldon. Penny told Amy that as much as they all love Sheldon, she has been with himfor over a year and if their relationship is not going anywhere, it is fine if she goes and look somewhere else. Bernadette agreed with Penny by adding that Sheldon and Amy are not engaged like her and Howard. Amy agreed to go out with Stuart for coffee, which was later revealed to be pumpkin lattes, when Stuart posted on his Facebook the details of their date. The date went well since Amy agreed to go out with Stuart again, this time to the movies. As they were watching, Stuart told her that if she is bored she could leave but Amy refused and told Stuart that she is having a nice time. Their date was interrupted however by a jealous Sheldon who commented that the thought of Amy with Stuart is repellant and proceeded to finally ask her to be his girlfriend. Amy agreed, and Stuart sat in silence next to her, watching the exchange between her and Sheldon. Sheldon left as quickly as he came and gave Stuart a dollar to make up for ruining his date.
Amy and Stuart continued their date and later were seen walking back to her apartment. Despite Amy having just upgraded her relationship with another man, Stuart seemed to harbor no hard feelings and even commented that their date was nice. Sheldon interrupted again from within Amy's apartment and told them to wrap things up so they said good night and gave each other a friendly hug. Sheldon again, yelled from inside and told Stuart to go back since they have said good night so he left. Stuart is the first character on the show to have directly expressed his interest in Amy, an action which became a catalyst for the progress in Sheldon and Amy's relationship instead. As of now, Stuart remains single (unless you count Raj) but nonetheless on good terms with Amy.
So far, the only member of Amy's family who has been seen on-screen is her mother. She was seen via webcam in "The Desperation Emanation" when Amy asked Sheldon to meet her when she got him to pretend he's her boyfriend, which he was reluctant to do. Her father has never been seen or mentioned and it's unknown if she has any siblings.
In "The Isolation Permutation", she mentioned that a cousin of hers named Irene and her entire family was killed in a horrific carbon monoxide accident the night before Irene's wedding. She mentions in "The Weekend Vortex" that she has an Aunt Flora whose 93rd birthday party she would attend with Sheldon but she is never seen. It was also revealed that she had a cousin named William who was somehow ground to death in an accident at a pepper factory.
- Mayim Bialik, the actress who portrays Amy, was first mentioned in The Bat Jar Conjecture, when Leonard, Howard, and Raj discussed who would replace Sheldon on the team for the Physics Bowl and Raj suggested Mayim Bialik, referring "TV's Blossom who got a PhD in neuroscience".
- Ever since The 21-Second Excitation, Amy considers Penny her best friend and claims that their "mensies" are synchronized. She even calls her "bestie".
- Amy becomes constipated when traveling.
- Amy's profession as a neurobiologist is a reference to Mayim Bialik, the actress who portrays her. Bialik graduated with a Ph. D. in Neuroscience from UCLA in 2008.Mayim Bialik herself revealed in an interview that the writers made Amy a neurobiologist after she was cast on the show.
- Amy wears menstrual pads all the time to avoid "surprises".
- Prior to The 21-Second Excitation, the closest she ever had to a slumber party was a night she spent at a hospital with a Vietnamese girl after having her tonsils removed. The girl did not survive the night, but their dalliance was, as Amy puts it, "up till then, it was kinda fun!".
- Amy is pseudo-engaged to aSaudi prince named Faisal. She met him at a fundraising trip to his country. He funds her laboratory. In return, she has a place to stay in Riyadh during the winter.
- Amy is very prone to night terrors.
- Amy has volunteered for scientific experiments in which orgasms are achieved by stimulating the pleasure center of the brain; hers was stimulated at least 128 times, in an unspecified number of experiments.
- She claims to have perfected many "tension-relieving techniques for ladies" over the years.
- She has an electric toothbrush she uses for masturbation named "Gerard".
- She claims Sheldon to be the most fun person she knows.
- Sheldon claims in The Zazzy Substitution that Amy is the most similar person to him by any standard.
- In The Bat Jar Conjecture, Leonard, Howard, and Raj were looking for the fourth member for their Physics Bowl team, and Raj suggested they get "the girl who plays TV's Blossom since she is smart. The girl he was referring to is Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy. This reference occurred about 3 years before Mayim Bialik joined the show.
- She was in the Cub Scouts for two years until they discovered that she was a girl.
- The closest thing to a friend Amy had in high school was the janitor with whom she regularly lunched with, until his wife found out and called her a "puta" (Spanish for whore) and made her stop. She also claimed that she had no friends in kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, college, and during her advanced college studies.
- She has a Ph. D. in Neurosciene. Sheldon revealed this in The Roommate Transmogrification.
- Her first appearance is in The Lunar Excitation, which happens to be the final episode of Season 3.
- She believes Neurobiology is superior over Microbiology and Physics.
- She can play the harp, as shown in The Infestation Hypothesis and claimed to know only two songs; a Bossanova standard and the "Different Strokes" theme song. Although since then, she seems to have learned other songs as well, playing "The Girl from Ipanema" in The Infestation Hypothesis, R.E.M's "Everybody Hurts" in The Isolation Permutation, and Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" in The Werewolf Transformation.
- She has her own secret language, Op, formed by appending -op to consonants, i.e., "Pack a bag" becomes "Pop a cop kop a bop a gop".
- She wears hand-me-downs from her grandmother, except for a pair of leopard-spotted panties she bought from Victoria's Secret.
- Unlike Sheldon, Amy has no interest in model trains.
- Due to her lack-of-friends situation in high school, the only person who signed her High School yearbook was her mom, who wrote: "Dear Amy, self-respect and a hymen are better than friends and fun. Love, Mom".
- Amy has hinted that she may be bisexual, or bicurious, especially around Penny. During The Robotic Manipulation, she asked Penny whether she is a homosexual, after Penny complimented her hair, and later attempted to engage "in harmless lesbian experimentation" with her during the girls' slumber party. In The Pulled Groin Extrapolation, she told Penny that Penny would have a better shot with her than Leonard. She also enthusiastically defends Penny whenever anyone insults her. She also said that there wasn't a hair on her body that she wouldn't mind her cutting.
- When she was 14, she severed the webbing between her own toes by just using nitrous oxide from cans of whipped cream as anesthesia.
- Amy's apartment number is 314. Surely, that is no accident since the number represents the number ofPi, which is 3.14.
- Ever since The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition, she and Sheldon officially became a couple. They are each other's first boyfriend and girlfriend respectively.
- Amy thinks comic books are "Lame-O".
- She used to play Travel Twister alone to spend her evenings.
- She is the co-creator of the game "Counterfactuals" with Sheldon. Surprisingly, despite it being a brain-teaser type of game, only the two of them could play, as even a genius like Leonard failed miserably in the game. Understanding the concept of the game reveals how much Sheldon and Amy think alike.
- She had an agreement with her mother to go on a date at least once a year, in return for her mother's silence on the matter and being able to occasionally use her mother's George Foreman grill that "seals in the flavor without the fat". This led to her signing up on a dating site that matched her with Sheldon. Amy also had a similar agreement about shaving her legs.
- Amy has been a Maid of Honor twice in her life. The first one was for her cousin Irene's wedding, though it did not materialize when Irene died of carbon monoxide poisoning before the wedding. The second was during Howard and Bernadette 's wedding in The Countdown Reflection.
- Despite her many similarities with Sheldon, she thinks he has a focus on cleanliness bordering on the psychotic, as according to The Infestation Hypothesis.
- She revealed in The Speckerman Recurrence that among her nicknames during high school were "Gorilla-Fingers Fowler" and "Fuzzy-Fingers Fowler", a result of her having hairy knuckles from using her hand lotion that her bullies had spiked with Rogaine.
- She does not mind being Penny's cellmate should they be caught for breaking the law.
- According to Bill Prady through Twitter, Amy is a fan of Downtown Abbey.
- Amy is shown to be more interested in physical contacts and social conventions than Sheldon is.
- Amy has been in the field of Neurobiology for 12 years.
- Amy had a make-believe boyfriend named Arman, theminiature horse breeder, whom she used to tell her family when they asked her about her boyfriend.
- She revealed in The Weekend Vortex that as a child, she used to toss coins into "wishing wells", wishing for friends. Eventually, she started making trick shots, just to keep the activity interesting.
- Amy is a bad liar, just like Sheldon.
- Mayim Bialik's (the actress who plays Amy) first name can be anagrammed as "I'm Amy".
- Sheldon revealed that Amy is allergic to penicillin in The Shiny Trinket Maneuver.
- Amy, along with Penny, Sheldon, Raj, and Leonard were all ordained as ministers in order to wed Howard and Bernadette in The Countdown Reflection.
- In the The Pulled Groin Extrapolation, Leonard is Amy's date to a wedding reception. The two actors also dated in one episode of Mayim Bialik's seriesBlossom.
- On July 19, 2012,Mayim Bialik receives her first everEmmy nomination in the Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series category for her portrayal of Amy.
- Just like Kaley Cuoco's leg injury back in Season 4, the writers will not include Mayim Biali 's injured hand into Amy's storyline.
- Amy is the only person among the gang whose father has never been mentioned.
- Amy had a cousin named William who was somehow ground to death in an accident at a pepper factory.
- Among Amy's choices for couple Halloween costumes with Sheldon include "Blossom and Joey" from Mayim Bialik's previous televison series.
- Although relatively dismissive of franchises such as Star Trek and Star Wars, Amy is not afraid to affiliate herself with related concepts, and will do so to keep her relationship with Sheldon on an even keel.