Sheldon beta tests an MIT invention after hearing it can help him read people’s emotions. Leonard can’t hide his feelings when Penny announces her brother is coming to town and Raj invites his ex-girlfriends over to give him dating advice.
Raj is worried why his relationships end and decides to has a get together with all his former girlfriends to find out what went wrong. Emily Sweeney, Claire, Lucy and the other Emily visit him. They conclude he is too needy, too pushy, a Momma's boy and they wonder why he didn't get together with Howard.
Sheldon has a machine that reads people's emotional states to help him understand emotions better. Leonard and Penny have a fight when her father asks her to get her brother an interview and she didn't ask her husband about him possibly moving in.
Sheldon has a fit when the gang makes fun of his machine driving Sheldon and Amy away. Sheldon and Amy have a good scene when Sheldon gets upset because he thought he was reading people better. Amy insists that they all have challenges. She has to wear glasses and then takes them off. Sheldon thinks she looks weird during a tender moment. Leonard and Penny come over to apologize and Sheldon does sense that they are still mad at each other.
- Guest starring:
- Teleplay: Steven Molaro, Steve Holland & Saladin K. Patterson
- Story: Chuck Lorre, Dave Goetsch & Anthony Del Broccolo
- Title Reference: Sheldon uses a machine to detect people's emotional levels.
- Taping date: January 10, 2017
- This episode was watched by xx.xx million people with a rating of x.x (adults 18-49).
- Total viewers including DVR users xx.xx million.
- The Big Bang Theory was ranked #x for the week ending xx January 2017.
- This episode aired in Canada on February, 2017.
To be entered.
- Emily, Lucy, Claire and deaf Emily are all returning to talk to Raj at his request.
- Randall is mentioned in this episode, but does not appear.
- Howard shouldn't be signing for Raj since he learned while he was dating the first Emily.
- Raj just doesn't know this, but he is not alone. There were a few pathetic guys who were bad as Raj is in relationships: Stuart Bloom, Barry Kripke, Leonard Hofstadter, Bert Kibbler, Dr. Oliver Lorvis and Howard Wolowitz. Even Sheldon Cooper himself was terrible with relationships, though this was by choice.
- All of Raj's ex-girlfriends are now in happier relationships.
- Howard and Raj have frequently been mistaken for a gay couple in the past. In this episode, they decide to give a homosexual relationship a try in the future if things don't work out for them right now, as Stuart "dibs-ed" Bernadette.
- Third consecutive episode where Leonard and Penny fight.
- As of this episode and season, Laura Spencer is no longer billed in the opening credits.
- Howard (to Raj): Is that any way to talk to your future husband?