Sheldon and Amy have their first fight since moving in together and Koothrappali is shocked at the realities of financial independence when he stops receiving support from his father.
Raj gets a sudden wake up call regarding the finances in his life, and how spoiled he really is when he's using the money his father makes to pay for everything instead of his own money.
Meanwhile during date night, Amy and Sheldon run into Bert, who is waiting for a woman. When he is stood up, they insist on letting him join them for dinner. As they have conversations on the common topics that Bert and Sheldon share, Amy wishes for them to change it. Bert then changes it to their relationship, which starts with Sheldon explaining that he and Amy met online and had a coffee date, and ends with Bert revealing that he, along with everyone at the university, knows that they only have sex annually.
- Guest starring:
- Teleplay: Eric Kaplan, Maria Ferrari & Jeremy Howe
- Story: Steven Molaro, Steve Holland & Jim Reynolds
- Title Reference: Raj finally stops using his father's monetary supply to cover the charges he gets.
- Taping date: January 31, 2017
- This episode was watched by xx.xx million people with a rating of x.x (adults 18-49).
- Total viewers including DVR users xx.xx million.
- The Big Bang Theory was ranked #x for the week ending xx February 2017.
- This episode aired in Canada on February 2017.
- Chuck Lorre's vanity card #552
To be entered.
- Valentine's Day episode?
- Bert reappears in this episode, his last appearance this season was in "The Geology Elevation".
- Sheldon and Amy have their annual date night.
- Sheldon says that this is their first fight since moving in together, even though they have already done so in "The Cohabitation Experimentation" and "The Hot Tub Contamination".
- Raj using his family's fortune to pay for everything has finally come to light.
- Raj is the only one in his family who isn't currently married as his father revealed that all of his siblings, including Priya, are married.
- Amy is shocked when everyone at the university, especially Bert, knows that Sheldon and Amy only have sex once a year. This was a direct result of Sheldon telling a few people, including the cafeteria lunch lady.
- Sheldon got his driver's license two years ago, but never drove because he likes to be chauffeured around.
- Penny's freeloading habits resurface in this episode when she takes advantage of Raj's anger, which commonly results in him using his family's money to buy expensive things.
- Sheldon has several restraining orders aside from the ones he got from Carl Sagan, Leonard Nimoy, Stan Lee, and Bill Nye. This includes one he got from Zachary Quinto. The only celebrities he hasn't got restraining orders from are Levar Burton, James Earl Jones and Stephen Hawking.
- Sheldon and Bert mentioned their favorite defunct search engines. MSN Search, AltaVista, Ask Jeeves, Infoseek, WebCrawler and HotBot are mentioned. However, out of these six, only two – Infoseek and AltaVista – are actually defunct. MSN Search and Ask Jeeves are actually renamed, respectively to Bing and Ask.com and were working at the time of the show.
- Barry Kripke is mentioned during the conversation with Bert and Amy
- Bert: (to Sheldon and Amy) Other than you two only having sex once a year...(Amy almost spits her drink out)...you're the perfect couple.
- Amy: (to Bert) You know about that?
- Bert: Everyone at the university knows.