Shamy plot: Sheldon and Amy begin to collaborate on a scientific project when Sheldon realizes something she's been working on could have implications with regard to a challenging issue in quantum mechanics. They try to work out some ground rules between them for this new kind of interaction and find that being snarky with one another helps their cognitive thought processes.
Other plot: Raj and Penny get along so well doing various "girly" activities together that Leonard feels left out. He spends some time with Howard and Bernadette before bringing it up to Raj and Penny.
Thanks to the report from RJ1013.
- Guest starring:
- Teleplay: Steven Molaro, Steve Holland & Dave Goetsch
- Story: Chuck Lorre, Tara Hernandez & Giuseppe Graziano
- Title Reference: Refers to Sheldon and Amy working together and how they "fluctuate" between working and insulting each other.
- Taping date: March 7, 2017
- This episode was watched by xx.xx million people with a rating of x.x (adults 18-49).
- Total viewers including DVR users xx.xx million.
- The Big Bang Theory was ranked #x for the week ending xx April 2017.
- This episode aired in Canada on April 2017.
To be entered.
- Raj and Penny start to bond over common interests.
- Sheldon and Amy begin working on a science project together.
- This episode was the closest to a moment where Leonard or Bernadette would be having a conversation in a nice sweet and, to some degree, helpful way with the other. The last episode where someone spoke nicely to the other was in the final scene of "The Deception Verification" (S7E2) where Bernadette tells Leonard in a sweet voice and smiling that Raj was able to talk in front of the girls without a beer right after Leonard left for his expedition to the North Sea.
To be entered.