Larry had yet to be seen in the show ever since his daughter made her first appearance in the Season 3 finale "The Lunar Excitation" (S3E23), up until when he was briefly mentioned for the first time by Amy in the Season 10 episode "The Emotion Detection Automation" (S10E14), but no information about him was said.
In "The Proposal Proposal", Amy wants to know if Sheldon asked her dad about the proposal, and Sheldon says he did, "after" asking Stephen Hawking.
He was mentioned again in "The Geology Methodology" when Amy mentioned a dinner with her parents.
He made his first appearance in Season 11 finale "The Bow Tie Asymmetry" (S11E24). It appeared that he and his wife have a loveless marriage. She constantly answered for him leaving him silent. Mr. Fowler escorted his daughter Amy down the aisle during the wedding ceremony. When his wife is about to take Amy away during the delay of the ceremony, Penny has her sit back down telling Amy's mother that Sheldon loves Amy and he won't hurt her. Mrs. Fowler asks if her husband has something to say and he thanks Penny.
- Brother or Brother-in-law: Unnamed
- Nephew: Unnamed
- Wife: Mrs. Fowler
- Daughter: Amy Farrah Fowler
- Son-In-Law: Sheldon Cooper
- Larry is similar to Alfred Hofstadter. They have both been in loveless marriages with the mothers of their children. However, unlike Larry, Alfred finally got to divorce his wife.
- His silent moment in his first appaearance is also similar to his portrayer Teller.