The Nintendo Wii is a video game console developed by Nintendo and manufactured by Foxconn. It was released on November 19, 2006 as a part of the seventh video game console generation.
Appearances in The Big Bang Theory
- In "The Porkchop Indeterminacy" (S1E15), Leonard, Howard, and Raj use Wii Sports Boxing as a solution for their fighting for the chance to hit on Sheldon's twin sister Missy.
- In "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis" (S2E11), when Sheldon, Howard, and Raj are playing Wii Sports Bowling, they are surprised at Leonard's absence (due to him working with David Underhill), for Leonard is always their "team leader" in this game. Sheldon plays the game as if he were playing real bowling.
- In "The Gorilla Experiment" (S3E10), Raj beats Sheldon in Mario Kart Wii and mocks him before Penny enters to ask Sheldon to teach her "a little physics".
- In "The Bozeman Reaction" (S3E13), Sheldon and Leonard's Wii is reported to have been stolen along with other game consoles.
- In "The Boyfriend Complexity" (S4E09), Leonard invites Penny's father Wyatt to play Wii Play Fishing while Penny calls the later to reveal the truth that she has already broken up with Leonard.
- In "The Herb Garden Germination" (S4E20), Sheldon and Leonard are playing Wii Sports Resort Archery. Sheldon plays the game as if he were performing real archery, and tells Leonard the rumor that Bernadette wants to break up with Howard.
- In "The Indecision Amalgamation", Sheldon polls the group as to their favorite game system, Xbox1 or PS4. Bernadette likes the "Wii", to which Shledon calls her a grandmother.