Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The running gags in The Big Bang Theory include many stunts and dialogues that repeatedly come up in the episodes.
- Getting mocked for his lactose intolerance and being short.
- His inability to understand sarcasm or irony.
- Sheldon's spot on the couch.
- Sheldon's knock, knocking 3 times, saying the name of the person addressed, and repeating it twice after.
- His blaming others for things going wrong that he has done.
- His psychotic rants.
- Someone asks Sheldon "Why?" and others get upset since Sheldon has been given an opening to deliver a long explanation.
- Someone sings "Soft Kitty" to comfort Sheldon when he is sick, or vice versa.
- Sheldon getting restraining orders.
- Embarrassing Amy and Penny.
- His constant asking questions about the food he's being served. Most of the time, Leonard gets it wrong with one detail.
- People saying that he is insane and Sheldon telling people he is not crazy because his mother "had him tested" (as a child).
- Sheldon changing the wi-fi password to something that references Penny's freeloading on it.
- She gets promiscuous and morally loose when she drinks.
- Her anger.
- The "check engine" light in her car until she gets a new car.
- Her lack of education and awareness of not graduating community college.
- Her sloppiness.
- Using her "charm" to get by not paying for things and for getting free meals
- Her maiden name unrevealed
- He gets mocked for not having a Ph.D, especially by Sheldon.
- His sleaziness (until he got married).
- Doing/eating un-kosher things, despite being Jewish
- His selective mutism, until the end of the episode "The Bon Voyage Reaction":
- Being forced to whisper things into someone's ear (usually Howard's) when he's near a woman (usually Penny).
- He gets drunk to overcome his selective mutism but ends up saying very inappropriate things.
- Going against Hindu traditions, including eating beef
- Having a bit of a feminine side
- His close relationship with his dog, Cinnamon
- His depression and loneliness
- He often has a lack of revenue in his store
- People are unable to identify his age
- Everyone is constantly forgetting him
- Monkey references and comparisons.
- Girl crush on Penny.
- Romantic frustration with Sheldon.
- Her short temper and aggressive nature.
- Her competitive side.
- Her high-pitched voice (which Howard has mocked)
- She sounding exactly like Howard's mother when she yells or gets angry.
- She is constantly made fun of for her height.
- She always yells from off-screen.
- Her interest in horror and gore-themed content
- Has rather questionable tattoos
Leonard and Sheldon
- Sheldon taunting Leonard with "The Roommate Agreement".
- Sheldon putting himself into Leonard's romances, much to his dismay
- Sheldon and Leonard preferring each other's mothers for a mother
Howard and Raj
- They seem as though they are a homosexual couple, but aren't.
- Being so close, that Howard is able to feel whenever Raj is in trouble, and vice versa
Leonard, Penny and Sheldon
- Leonard and Penny acting like Sheldon's parents.
- Sheldon blaming Leonard for first speaking to Penny when she moved in the building in the Pilot episode.
- Awkward silence while walking up the stairs.
- Running down the stairs.
- Shot of a front door while a character abruptly exits with someone screaming "Get out!"
- "Bazinga!" - Sheldon
- "Once again, you’ve fallen for one of my classic pranks. Bazinga!" - Sheldon
- "Here we go..." - Multiple users (usually followed by one of Sheldon's "psychotic rants")
- "Holy crap on a cracker!" - Penny
- "Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!" - Leonard
- "HOWARD" - Mrs. Wolowitz
- "Rats..." - Sheldon
- "I'm not crazy/insane. My mother had me tested." - Sheldon
- "In what universe..." - Multiple users
- "...jibber jabber..." - Multiple users
- "...offer them a hot beverage." - Sheldon
- "Oh not this again." - Sheldon
- "Oh balls!" - Penny
- "Oh (my) God!" - Penny
- "...on purpose." - Multiple users
- "Sweetie..." - Penny
- "That's the spirit" - Leonard
- "There, there." - Multiple users
- "This may be the wine (magic potion) talking..." - Multiple users
- "What the frak?" - Howard
- "You're in/That's my spot." - Sheldon
- "You're welcome." - Multiple users (said before he thinks someone should say "Thank you".)
- "Your check engine light is on" - Sheldon/Amy/Beverly
- "...rat bastard..." - Penny/Amy
- "...hippie-dippy..." - Sheldon
- "...batcrap crazy..." - Multiple users