|Aired from|| |
Sept 22, 2014 - Present
| Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 |
Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8
|Season 9 • Season 10|
The eighth season of The Big Bang Theory was confirmed on March 12, 2014, after a 3-season deal with the network which renewed the series through its tenth season, meaning that it will now run until at least 2017. No plot spoilers for Season 8 have yet been released. TBBT will start airing on Mondays, in front of Mom, due to the NFL game schedule. It will move back to Thursdays on October 30, 2014 before The Millers. The season premeire will air on September 22, 2014 unless the season is delayed due to contract negotiations.
As of August 4, Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting have signed a three year contract for 1 Million for each episode. Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar have also signed a contract for three seasons for more than $750,000 per episode.
- Johnny Galecki as Leonard Hofstadter
- Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting as Penny
- Simon Helberg as Howard Wolowitz
- Kunal Nayyar as Rajesh Koothrappali
- Melissa Rauch as Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz
- Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler
|Episode (Series)||Episode (Season/Ep#)||Title||Original Air Date||Directed By||Description|
|160||801||September 22, 2014||Mark Cendrowski||
Sheldon is robbed while on his train journey and Amy is miffed when he calls Leonard to come and get him.
|161||802||September 22, 2014||Mark Cendrowski||Sheldon gets the promotion and must teach a class. Bernie is pushing Penny as her job approaches.|
- This season will feature a further 24 episodes, adding the total amount of episodes for the entire series up to 183.
- Penny will have a new haircut based upon Kaley's new hairdo.
- Penny's mother may show up since the wedding is in the air. Lisa Kudrow is still Kaley's choice to play her mother, though no official casting has been announced.
- Emily will be back next season, but her status is not yet established.
- According to the production staff, Penny will, at least during her break from acting, be a pharmaceutical representative or salesperson at Bernadette's company. This causes relationship problems between Leonard and Penny. She will develop confidence and finally make a respectable income.
- Stuart will still be working with Mrs. Wolowitz.
- The comic book store will be rebuilt.
- Sheldon gets appointed to a Junior Professor post.
- Tensions will heat up between Sheldon and Amy, though they resolve their problems, according to Mayim Bialik.