Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This page is about the song that Howard performs for Bernadette in "The Vengeance Formulation" (S03E09).
- For the song that Howard writes, then performs with his friends for Bernadette in "The Romance Resonance" (S07E06), please see "If I Didn't Have You".
Howard sings this song, with his own lyrics, to apologize to Bernadette in the episode "The Vengeance Formulation", after making a fool of himself by proposing. This song was originally recorded by the Four Tops entitled "Bernadette".
"Bernadette" is a 1967 hit song recorded by the Four Tops for the Motown label. Written and produced by Motown's main production team, Holland–Dozier–Holland, the song is one of the most well-known Motown tunes of the 1960s. Depicting a man's excessive desire for and jealousy over his girlfriend, the song reached #4 on the Billboard Hot 100, and was the Four Tops' final Top 10 hit of the 1960s. "Bernadette" was known for its false ending, when the chorus holds a long cadence note and then Levi Stubbs shouts out the title and goes on with his insecure passions as the song ends in a fade out.
- I am so sorry for
- Trying to propose to you!
- You found it creepy but
- That's just the kind of thing I do!
- I know now it was too soon to talk of love.
- It was just a crazy idea that came to me in my tub.
- But Bernadette, give me one more chance, (falsetto) sweet Bernadette!
- I'll get the hang of this thing they call romance, (falsetto) sweet Bernadette!
- I dream to once again kiss your lips, (falsetto) sweet Bernadette!
- Sincerely yours, Howard Wolowitz!
- Bernadette, tell the world, you belong to me!
- Tell the world, you belong (falsetto) to me!~
- (spoken) Thank you Cheesecake Factory!