The Comic Center of Pasadena, more commonly referred to as "the comic book store", was a place where the guys frequently visited to buy their comic books, until it was burnt down in an accident revealed in the 7th season finale. The store was owned by Stuart Bloom.
The store used to have a website at httpp://www.thecomiccenter.com (in reality, the domain name is registered to Warner Brothers), but it has gone offline since 2011. Similiarly, its Facebook page has gone idle since 2011 too.
The store first appeared in "The Hofstadter Isotope" where Penny follows the guys to the store to buy a gift for her nephew. Stuart recommends her a comic book for the gift. She sees Stuart has drawn a portrait of her, which he exchanges for her number.
The store has hosted a Stan Lee signing thanks to Stuart's connections in "The Excelsior Acquisition". The logo of the store is shown when the guys are lined up outside waiting to meet Stan Lee, wherein the sign is visible.
In "The Wheaton Recurrence" Stuart wins a bet and guys dress up like DC girl super heroes
Stuart also hosts a costume party on New Year's Eve which the gang won for the best Justice League of America team in "The Justice League Recombination".
Raj hosts a Scavenger Hunt in "The Scavenger Vortex" which first puzzle is the Comic Book Store in a puzzle.
The store has a fire and is gutted in the Season 7 finale ("The Status Quo Combustion") due to Stuart's hotplate. Stuart claims the insurance company thinks he did it for money. Also the police and his therapist.
Stuart lived in the back of the store.
- The store is located on E. Green Street near Pasadena City College and Caltech (according to the store's website).
- At the end of "The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary" we can see a view from the sky of the comic book store but it's located in Hollywood (near Hollywood High School), so it's just a casual location.
- On the counter (since "The Russian Rocket Reaction") has shown the official website of The Comic Center and a QR code that points to it.
- Penny is impressed by the looks she gets while in the comic book store, while Amy thinks that comic books are "lame-o".
- Lonely Larry, Captain Sweatpants and Dale are regular at the Comic Book Store and friends with Stuart.
- Dale once worked the register for Stuart when he was unavailable ("The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition").
- In "The Nerdvana Annihilation", Leonard mentions that a man called Larry (maybe Lonely Larry) works at the comic book store, this could possibly be the previous owner.
- In "The Bakersfield Expedition", the girls visit the Comic Book Store looking into the guys' fascination with comic books.
- While Marvel Comics play a part in many of the episodes, there are no Marvel Comics on sale at the store except during Stan Lee signing day ("The Excelsior Acquisition") and in "The Bakersfield Expedition" when girls buy a Thor comic book. The most comic books and merchandise are of DC comics.
- There was a cutout and a man wearing a shirt connected to the former MMORPG, "City of Heroes". He appears in a few episodes. http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4908.40
- There is a cardboard cut-out of Ichigo Kurosaki from the anime Bleach in the store.
- There is also a poster of Faith from the 2008 videogame Mirror's Edge.
- Posters and models from the sci-fi videogame franchise Mass Effect can frequently be seen in the background.
- S02E20: The Hofstadter Isotope
- S03E02: The Jiminy Conjecture
- S03E05: The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary
- S03E07: The Guitarist Amplification
- S03E16: The Excelsior Acquisition
- S03E19: The Wheaton Recurrence
- S04E11: The Justice League Recombination
- S05E05: The Russian Rocket Reaction
- S05E07: The Good Guy Fluctuation
- S05E10: The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition
- S06E01: The Date Night Variable
- S06E05: The Holographic Excitation
- S06E13: The Bakersfield Expedition
- S06E16: The Tangible Affection Proof
- S06E17: The Monster Isolation
- S07E02: The Deception Verification
- S07E03: The Scavenger Vortex
- S07E13: The Occupation Recalibration
- S07E24: The Status Quo Combustion