When Amy first signed it in "The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition" (S5E10), she found signing it very romantic. By "The Spoiler Alert Segmentation" (S06E15) she called it a ridiculous contract right after Sheldon said that she couldn't move in with him. She also liked the fact that the agreement is binding.
With the dissolution of Sheldon and Amy's relationship in the Maternal Combustion, it can be assumed that the Relationship Agreement is now void.
- Section 4: Booboos and ouchies - Amy must help Sheldon when he has a small (like a ).
- Section 5: Hand Holding - is only allowed under the following circumstances:
- A: Either party is in danger of falling off of a , or .
- B: Either party is deserving of a hearty after winning a .
- C: during s. (As of the end of the fifth season, this section no longer applies since Sheldon and Amy have started to hold hands, though it annoys Sheldon).
- According to the codicil of the Relationship Agreement neither party is allowed to pout or be moody on date night.
- Notable exception: In "The Countdown Reflection" (S5E24), while watching Howard's rocket launch into space, Sheldon worries about Howard because he does not trust (with good reason as the rocket ship actually has a gas leak) and for comfort he grabs and holds Amy's hand, seemingly without realizing he had done so.
- (Unstated sections)
- Sheldon and Amy's is every second of the month and, in the case of there being five Thursdays in a month, Date Night will be on the third Thursday instead.
- It is not specified whether it is in the agreement or not, but Sheldon and Amy have a "Girlfriend/Boyfriend Night".
- Amy must give a 72-hour-notice to Sheldon in advance of a . Additionally, she must also check the and call the to ask which they would recommend for the trip.
- On the two-year of their first date, they must go to a nice restaurant and hold conversation and have physical contact in a manner that onlookers would perceive as ate/intimate.
- Separate sections on career changes, financial instability and what happens if there is an intelligent dog uprising. In the last one Sheldon and Amy plan to betray the human race.
- Each part is also required to take care of the other when they are sick as in "The Fish Guts Displacement" (S06E10).
- Sheldon and Amy must kiss only on date nights
- Either party must not undergo cosmetic surgery unless it's to look like a (The Bachelor Party Corrosion)