|The Settlers of Catan|
|First episode||The Recombination Hypothesis|
The Settlers of Catan is a multiplayer board game designed by Klaus Teuber and first published in 1995 in Germany by Franckh-Kosmos Verlag (Kosmos) as Die Siedler von Catan. Players assume the roles of settlers, each attempting to build and develop holdings while trading and acquiring resources. Players are rewarded points as their settlements grow; the first to reach a set number of points is the winner.
Raj, Sheldon and Howard are playing the game as Leonard prepares and leaves for his date with Penny and when he returns in The Recombination Hypothesis. Howard and Raj make fun of Sheldon for unintentionally making penile comments.
- I need wood.
- Do either of you...have wood?
- Who has wood for my sheep?
- Does anyone have wood?
- I just want wood!
- Why are you making it so hard?
- I have some wood.
- I am going to begin the erection.
- (Raj) You were in the middle of an erection.
- (Sheldon) Oh, of course. It's right here in my hand.
We learn very little about the game in the episode except for the main objective:
- The game is called The Settlers of Catan.
- There is a card with wood on it.
- There are sheep in the game.
- The object of the game is to build roads and settlements.
- It is a multiplayer game holding up to at least 3 players.
- It is a board game.