Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I've been making an effort to streamline the category tree in this wiki since a few days ago. There are some editing issues I'd like opinions from the admins and users here:
- Duplicated Categories : There are many instances of duplicated categories. I have seen in other wikis that some categories are duplicated on purpose. Are there categories here duplicated for a purpose? If so, please state them, otherwise I intend to merge them together.
- "Big Bang Theory" or "The Big Bang Theory" : They are duplicated as the main category. Which one do you prefer? The one with or without the article? I prefer the one with the article since it's same as the name of the show. But there are other categories start with "Big Bang Theory..." without the article, and they include many more pages.
- "Episodes" or "The Big Bang Theory episodes" : Again these are duplicated categories. I prefer simply "Episodes" since "TBBT" should be understood.
- Duplicated season pages : There are pages such as "List of The Big Bang Theory episodes (season 1)" and "Season 1" which are very similar to each other. The "List of... (season #)" pages are more detailed but have pages only up to season 6 while the "Season #" pages have up to season 8. However, I want to put their content into the category pages and then remove them. What is your opinion on this?
- Sorting of the names : There are a mix of sorting method for the names of the characters and cast here. Some names are sorted by the last names and some by first. While sorting with the last names is more formal, I prefer to sort them by the first names since most other wikis sort the names this way, and the names are more easily identified in the category pages.
Please give me your opinions on the issues above. And feel free to give other suggestions that may help to improve the category tree. :)
(This is a repost from the forum "Watercooler")